Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Purple Drank


This morning I got out of bed, had some coffee, cleared the decks in a huge way, and then did the ride to the gym, core workout, and ride home.  A glorious morning indeed.  When I got back to the house, I was powerful hungry so I had the wife mix up a concoction in the Vitamix 5200 that I highly recommend.  Almond milk, Greek yogurt, blueberries, frozen grapes, half a banana, spirulina (can't forget that stuff), and cinnamon.  When this sucker was done, I dubbed it 'The Grimace' in honor of the famous McDonaldland character of the same name (above).

Here's a couple of shots of The Grimace smoothie below:




I highly recommend mixing up The Grimace as a refreshing smoothie to get you to your next meal.  My next meal will probably be something large and greasy but that's because I'm awesome.

Bonus Material:

Descriptions of the McDonaldland gang:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimace_(character)#Characters

1 comment:

  1. The history of the McDonaldland Gang is really interesting, particularly the story of the successful lawsuit filed by Sid & Marty Krofft over the similarities to the characters from HR PUFNSTUF.

    BTW, I always thought Captain Crook was the coolest of all the McDoanldland characters. Seemed like kind of a swarthy badass. Evil Grimace was kind of cool too, but mostly because he wasn't a dopey lameass like his happy cousin.

    Also, if there really were such a thing as an apple pie tree it would be the greatest thing in the history of mankind.

    ReplyDelete