Friday, December 23, 2011

More Trail for Me!


What a glorious day!  I decided to work from home today since its the holiday season and things tend to be slow anyway.  Around 8:30am I thought it was a good time to get some exercise in but I was unmotivated to do my cardio.  After some time thinking about what to do (taking a huge shit and thinking), I decided to have some fun and go out and ride my bike like I did when I was a kid...just pedal fast, ride places you're not supposed to go, and just generally have fun.  So I left the iTouch and the GPS behind and took to the creek trail to ride like I was 10 years old again.  At first, the ride was a bit tough since it was colder than a witches tit and there was tons of debris strewn all across the trail from the recent winds.  After about ten min though, I got in a zone and rode like my ass was on fire.

The creek trail I ride ends about 3.5 miles from the trail head where I enter so I started to get a little bummed when I was approaching the easternmost end of the trail because I knew I'd have to turn back.  To my awesome surprise, I realized the county had finally opened the extension to the creek trail they'd been talking about for many years (see photo of extension above).  Since I was having such a good time, I just kept on pedaling to see how much further the trail went.  As if the extension of the trail wasn't already great enough, I found that it comes within a half mile of two of my buddies houses. I'm not sure why I'm so excited about the trail extension being close to my friends' houses but fuck man, that is awesome.  Before I knew it, I was almost home again and I had been riding at a vigorous pace for over an hour. 

The entire ride was great with the exception of one point where these little kids had their tiny white dog (about the size of a small soccer ball) off the leash and running around.  The little dog tried running after me and yapping.  I thought it was funny until that little fucker started catching up with me and the kids were cheering that vicious little pint sized killer on in Spanish.  I managed to pedal fast enough to out run the little ankle biter, but for a couple of seconds, I was horrified that little furball was going to catch me and latch on to my toe or something!


No comments:

Post a Comment